Saturday, November 19, 2011

In the beginning.......




After several children and a progressive genetic disease I found myself 60lbs overweight. I started cutting out junk food and reading about nutrition. I kept cutting back on unhealthy things and trying to eat healthier options. I was eating mostly lean meats, veggies, whole grains and fruits. This worked pretty well, I lost about 45lbs in a year and a half. It was slow weightloss (about 1/2 lb a week) but it came off. I had done a lot of reading and was really convinced that wheat (and all other grains) soy, corn surup, processed sugars are all less then optimal nutritioave. We had a health scare in the family (a separate blog on this later) it gave me the push to change our families diet to Paleo (google it if you don't know what Paleo is). We have seen so many wonderful, nearly unbelievable, changes in the month since we switched! I have lost 11 lbs since we went Paleo!

3 comments:

  1. yeah buddy! i'll share this with my page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=132589870144448&story_fbid=309043882457252&ref=notif&notif_t=mention

    Paleo Cafe just shared your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story and pics! You will never want to switch back. Paleo is just great :)

    ReplyDelete