Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BBQ sauce

I bought some ribs at the store since they were on sale. I LOVE BBQ RIBS. So I set out to make somed Paleo BBQ sauce. I looked around the internet and found this recipie:

http://www.thefunctionalfoodie.com/2011/04/pulled-pork-homemade-paleo-bbq-sauce.html 

Only I didn't have cayenne pepper so I used chili powder. I accidentally dumped like 3 times too much in, OOPS!! So I added a little more apple cider vinegar and some blue berries I had in the freezer to try to cut the HOT. In the end it was perfect for Jeriah and I, and the kids have never liked BBQ sauce anyways so I just left theirs plain. I made a double batch and it made a TON. I used it for the family pack of ribs, a family pack of chicken thighs and I still have 1/2 left! I will be freezing this and using it again soon. It was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment